Ugrás a menühöz.Ugrás a keresődobozhoz.Ugrás a tartalomhoz.

272.91 KB
2008-03-31 14:18:52
 Garabonc - Handbook of Zala county (Zala megye kézikönyve) - Hatvan, CEBA-Hungary Ltd, 1998.jpg

Nyilvános Nyilvános

Garabonc lies to the north-east of Nagykanizsa, by the Nagykanizsa Keszthely road. The settlement is first mentioned in 1335 under the name of Garaboncz. The area has been settled from the very early age. Ancient burial places were found in the surrounding areas from the 9 -10 th centu¬ries. In the Middle Ages wine and fruit growing is considerable. In 1548 the set¬tlement was invaded by the Turks. In 1600 Kanizsa went into the hands of the Turks. Garabonc still remained inhabited. Some people moved to one of the islands of Kis -Balaton. A stone cross stands in the place where the old school and church used to be. An 1710 Garabonc was hit by plague. By the turn of the 19th century the settle¬ment became densely populated.
The streets of the new village were wider than usual thus making the place a lot healthier. By the and of the 19th century the forests were replaced by pastures and farming lands.

This text came from the following book:

Title: Handbook of Zala county (Zala megye kézikönyve)
Series: County handbooks of Hungary (Magyarország megyei kézikönyvei)
Chief editor: Hóbor József
Publisher: (Hatvan), CEBA-Hungary Ltd, 1998
ETO: 908.439.121(035) ; 050.8(439.121)
ISBN: 963-9089-18-2
Pages: 488-1040 p.
Remark: Closed on: 1998. márc. 31.